To provide a platform for children to explore their creative instincts during the lockdown, Delhi Public School R.K. Puram organised ‘Felicity – Independence Day 2021’ Intersection Multidisciplinary Online Competitions for the students of Classes IX and X on the 15th August 2021 under the aegis of Headmistress Ms. Rashmi Malhotra and organising team-, Ms. Payal Sachdeva, Mr. Sanchit Chauhan, Ms Shruti Gupta, Ms Priya Obhrai, Ms. Surbhi Gupta, Ms. Sanya Taneja, Ms Dimple Menon, Ms Shaloo Khanna and Ms. Priyamvada. The technical support was provided by Mr. Mukesh Kumar HOD Computer Science and Ms. Sarika Kaushal. Events were held for different subjects like English, Maths, Science, Social Sciences,Hindi, Sanskrit, Foreign Languages and Extra-Curricular Activities (Music, Dance, Art and Library). It was a great opportunity for children to hone their skills and discover their talents through experiential learning during the summer break.
The following events took place:
Dance(Indian) (Class IX-X) – The participants were supposed to give a solo dance performance based on any Indian fusion (Classical+Folk) on the theme Vande Mataram
Music(Western Instrumental) (Class IX-X) – The participants could perform on any western musical instrument on the theme Sound of Freedom
Music(Indian Vocal) (Class IX-X) – The participants sang a self composed patriotic song or from a movie on the theme Vande Mataram
Art (They Dreamed of a Better India) (Class IX-X)– The participants were supposed to make an on the spot painting on any one of the following topics:
- Rising India
- Heroes of our Independence
- Colours of India
- Mera Bharat Mahan
- Legacy of India
- Women of India-Hidden Heroes
- Together We Can!!! Together We Should!!!
Book Mark Design – The students were supposed to design a bookmark containing a slogan/quotation on Independence.
Book Jacket Design – The students were supposed to design a book Jacket on any one of the following topics:
- “Do Or Die” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Jai Jawan Jai Kisaan” – Lal Bahadur Shastri
- “Swaraj Is My Birthright and I Shall Have It” – Bal Gangadhar Tilak
- “Tum Mujhe Khoon Do, Mein Tumhe Azaadi Doonga” – Subash Chandra Bose
- “Aaram Haraam Hai” – Jawahar Lal Nehru
Hindi– आज़ादी की कहानी, शहरों की ज़बानी (Class IX-X) -The students were supposed showcase the story of Independence related to the city allotted to their section.
Sanskrit:चरित्र-चित्रणम् (स्वतन्त्रता-सेनानी)(Class IX-X)- The participants dressed up as any freedom fighter of their choice spoke about their freedom struggle for one minute in Sanskrit Language.
French:Just a minute (Class IX-X) The participants spoke on any one of the mentioned topics for a maximum of one minute in french.
- Mon combattant de la liberté préféré de l’Inde. (My favourite freedom fighter of India.)
- Comment est-ce que je fête le jour de l’indépendance? (How do I celebrate Independence day?)
- Comment la journée de l’indépendance est importante pour nous? (How important is Independence Day for us?)
- L’Inde- Je suis fière/ fière de mon pays. (India- I am proud of my country)
- L’avenir de l’Inde (Future of India)
Character Portrayal(Class IX)The student portrayed a character of any Indian freedom fighter in German language
Just a minute (Class X) The participants spoke on any one of the mentioned topics for a maximum of one minute in German.
Just a minute (Class X) The participants spoke on any one of the mentioned topics for a maximum of one minute in Spanish.
Each student selected one of the topics and presented JAM.
Hashmeet Kaur of Class X M bagged the first position in this event.
Orator’s Rondure (Class IX) Each student selectected one of the following quotes/ or any other quote of their choice, by a renowned freedom fighter/statesman/politician and extended the quote into a speech of 1.5 – 2 minutes.
- APJ Abdul Kalam – “You have to dream before your dreams can come true”
- Jawaharlal Nehru- “Discontent is the spur of progress”
- Rani Lakshmibai – “I shall not surrender my Jhansi”
- MK. Gandhi- “An eye for an eye ends up making the whole world blind”
- Subhash Chandra Bose- “Life loses half its interest if there is no struggle – if there are no risks to be taken”
- Poetic Silhouette (Class X) Participants recited a poem relevant to the Patriotism
Tinkle a Jingle (Class IX) Participants framed a jingle based on any topic & presented their compositions in front of the judges.
Spill the Ink (Class X) Participants recited a self composed poem on any one of the topics given below:
- Importance of Science in Independent INDIA.
- Science Knows no country, science belongs to humanity.
- 74 Years of Emerging Science & Technology.
- Think once, Think twice, Think Science.
- Swasth Bharat /Healthy India.
Mathematics:Code Breaker (Class IX-X)-The students decoded the name of a Freedom Fighter and their associated city by solving questions based on various mathematical concepts.
(Class IX)Just a Minute competition-The participants express their views on the topic Mera Desh, Meri Shaan – Proud to be an Indian
(Class X) Expressions – Participants recite a self composed poem on the topic Pen is Mightier than the Sword or gave a speech on the topic India @ 75 – The way forward (ideas and resolve)
|DEPARTMENT||CLASS||CATEGORY/NAME OF THE COMPETITION||FIRST POSITION||SECOND POSITION||THIRD POSITION|
|MUSIC||IX||INDIAN DANCE||VENIKA AJITH 09N||NA||NA|
|X||SHARANYA VASANDANI 10A|
|IX||WESTERN INSTRUMENTAL||PRANSHU SABHARWAL (9-I)||NA||NA|
|X||SHAURYA SAXENA (10-N)|
|IX||INDIAN VOCAL||RAKHEE MAITI(9 E)||NA||NA|
|X||INDIAN VOCAL||GUNPREEN KAUR-10 J||NA||NA|
|ART||IX||PAINTING||VRINDA MATREJA 9 K||NA||NA|
|X||PAINTING||ABHITHA GOEL10 D||NA||NA|
|X||POETIC SILHOUETTE||ARNAV GUPTA 10 N||PARMARTH GUPTA 10 O||NA|
|HINDI||IX||आज़ादी की कहानी,शहरों की ज़बानी||प्रणव अग्रवाल 9F||NA||NA|
|X||आज़ादी की कहानी,शहरों की ज़बानी||GUNN GARG10 G||JANAKK NANDWANI10 H||SHIVANSH BANERJEE10 C|
|SANSKRIT||IX & X||चरित्र-चित्रणम् (स्वतन्त्रता-सेनानी)||APRAMEYA GARG 10 J||NA||NA|
|FRENCH||IX & X||JUST A MINUTE||ANAIYA NAROOLA 10 O||NA||NA|
|GERMAN||IX||CHARACTER PORTRAYAL||SHAURYA VEER SINGH 9 K||NA||NA|
|X||JUST A MINUTE||RANVEER SHUKLA 10 L||ANANYA DEEP SINGH 10 L||NA|
|SPANISH||X||JUST A MINUTE||HASHMEET KAUR 10 M||NA||NA|
|MATHEMATICS||IX||CODE BREAKER||NIPUN KUMAR9 D||AVNI GUPTA 9 LAARUSH SEMWAL9 J||NA|
|X||CODE BREAKER||PRISHA SINGHAL 10 K||PARTH AGRAWAL 10 O||AADYA KASHYAP 10 K|
|SCIENCE||IX||Tinkle a Jingle||Prakhar Gupta Class IX B||NA||NA|
|X||SPILL THE INK||SRIPRIYA SINGH 10 N||NA||NA|
|Social Science||IX||JAM Session||VENYA GARG 9 H||SHRESTH SINGH 9 N||NA|
|X||EXPRESSIONS||ANYA CHAUDHARY 10 F||SAANVI PANDEY 10 G||NA|
|LIBRARY||IX||BOOKMARK DESIGN||SAMRA9 O||VANSHIKA KHATRI9 N||NA|
|X||BOOK JACKET DESIGN||PRISHA THARKOTI10 G||NA||NA|