RULES & REGULATIONS
- The championship will be held from 11th to 14th November 2013
- There will be three age categories i.e., under14,17 and 19 years both boys & girls
- Players born on or after the dates indicated below are eligible to participate in the Championship to be held on the above dates.
a. Under 14 years Boys/girls 1st January 2000, up to 8th class
b. Under 17 years Boys/girls 1st January 1997, up to 10th class
c. Under 19 years Boys/girls 1st January 1995, up to 12th class
- The tennis tournament will be conducted as per the rules of the AITA.
- Matches will be played on synthetic surface courts.
- The tournament shall consist of two singles and one doubles match. Two singles matches will be held first and in case of a tie, doubles will follow for team events.
- Each school may field one team of up to 4 players in each age-group. There will be three age categories, i.e. under 14 years, under 17 years and under 19 years (boys and girls). Besides the team event in all the above age groups, Individual championship for each age group will also be conducted. Each school may field a maximum of two players in each individual category and these will have to be from the team of students representing the school.
- All matches up to the quarter final stage will be best of 11 games.
Semifinals will be played as under
- Under 14, Under 17 and Under 19 years— best of 17 games or 3 sets depending upon the number of entries.
- Under 14, 17 and under 19— Best of three sets.
ENTRY FEE & OTHER INFORMATION
- Rs.1000/- per team in each group.
- Rs.50/- individual entry fee for participating in the individual championship.
- Boarding and Lodging charges Rs.150/- per head per day.
- Entry fee should be sent through demand draft in favour of the Delhi Public School, R.K.Puram,New Delhi.
- Entry forms should reach us latest by 30th October 2013 at the email address [email protected]
- The tournament committee reserves the right to alter the above conditions, if required.
- The Decision of the referee will be final.
- Protests if any, will be lodged with the organizing secretary in writing within 30minutes of the competition of the match. No protest will be entertained against the decision of the referee. The decision of the jury of appeal shall be final and binding to all.
- The Protest of Rs.500/-(rupees five hundred only)shall be returned if the protest is upheld.
- The organizing secretary reserves the right to change the date, venue and time of the matches if necessary.
- The team must report at the court 15minutes before the scheduled match.
- Teams are requested to bring kits as per their requirements which include practice tennis balls.
- Each school must bring two school flags.
- Each school should send one male/female escort only.
- Teams are expected to reach D.P.S R.K.Puram,by afternoon 10th November 2013. If earlier, please inform well in advance.
- Please intimate date, time and mode of your arrival at New Delhi.
- Coach/manager meeting will be held on 10th November at 6:00 p.m. at Principal’s office.
- All the timings of the matches and the daily schedule during the conduct of the championship should be strictly adhered to by all.
- Indiscipline on the part of any team or its member will lead to disqualification and the team will be asked to leave the premises immediately.
- The IPSC team to participate in the SGFI will be selected from amongst the teams participating in the championship. The team will be selected by the committee to be appointed by the host school Organizing Committee.
- Consumption of alcohol and smoking in public places is strictly prohibited in D.P.S R.K.Puram New Delhi.
For any other information /clarification,
Please feel free to call HOD of Physical Education Mr.N.Suresh (9910976542/43)