Scaling New Heights in the JSTSE 2016-17
Junior Science Talent Search Examination (JSTSE), which is conducted by the Science Branch of the Directorate of Education, Government of NCT of Delhi was held on 29th January, 2017.
The objective of this scheme is to identify the most brilliant students in the state in Class IX and recognize their scientific aptitude by giving each a scholarship and a certificate. The first 100 rank holders get a one time scholarship amount of Rs.2000/- while the next 50 rank holders get a one time scholarship amount of Rs.1000/-.
Nineteen students of D.P.S. R.K.Puram have qualified in JSTSE out of a total of 158 students in the state. This adds another milestone to the achievements of the institution by making it the proud holder of the highest number of JSTSE scholars in the state.It boasts of the added qualification of producing the state topper in Sagnik Anupam .
The names of the JSTSE scholars are as follows:
||Name of the Student
||Position in State
||Aditya Singh Mann
DPS R.K.Puram Awarded India’s Best School
Delhi Public School, R.K.Puram has been rated India`s best school 2016-17 among deserving schools in India (Jury’s Choice Award) by Education Today. The panel comprises eminent personalities from the education fraternity with a vision for excellence in education. It specializes in analyzing schools in the country and abroad. Various Parameters like Academic Reputation, Co-Curricular Education, Sports Education, Holistic Development, Individual Attention, Leadership Quality, Infrastructure, Special Need Education, Innovative Teaching & Value for Money for India`s Best School have been taken into consideration for the selection.
The Awards Ceremony will be held in Bangalore on 10th December 2016.
The International Space Settlement Design Competition
Two teams from Delhi Public School, R.K. Puram participated in the Asian Regional Space Settlement Design Competition (ARSSDC), both qualifying as semi-finalists (the highest qualification rank possible). The two teams were paired with various other qualifying teams from India, China and Pakistan. The teams underwent an orientation and a semi-final lasting 21 hours, during which they had to fully conceptualize and finally present their unique designs for a fusion-propelled cycler settlement. At the end, one team from Delhi Public School R.K. Puram ended up winning.
The winning team went to meet the Minister for Space, Dr. Jitendra Singh and got a chance to talk about their presentation with him.
They also got a chance to interact with the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, who wished them good luck and success for the journey ahead.
The teams went for the International Finals to NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida, USA and were there from 27th July to 1st August 2016.. Here they got the chance to attend technical sessions organized by reputed engineers such as Norman Chaffee and Anita Gale.
The teams were paired up with students from USA, UK, Belgium, Wales and Uruguay to form the company “Grumbo Aerospace”, with NASA engineers acting as the ‘CEO’s and ‘advisors’ of their company. After a grueling 36-hour final, working on a Martian surface base meant for research into terraforming, the company emerged as the Runners Up.
NTSE STAGE-II RESULTS 2015-16
Ten students have qualified at the national level from Delhi Public School R.K.Puram out of 53 students in the general category from Delhi (NTSE Stage-2 2015-16).The exam was held on 8th May 2016 and the results were declared on the 22nd of July 2016.
1. Shaurya Raj Singh
2. Srija Chakraborty
3. Lakshya Kumar Tangri
5. Siddhanta Panda
6. Ishaan Jain
7. Sankush Gupta
8. Ayush Venkatesh Bindlish
9. Pranshu Bhagat
The qualified students will get Rs.1200/- per month till Class XII and from graduation level Rs.2000/- per month. We are very proud of our students’ achievements.
International Black Belt in the ITF style Taekwondo
Manmit Singh, a student of 12 N, recently earned an International Black Belt in the ITF Style Taekwondo in Delhi on 7th July 2016 under the capable guidance of Mr U.Roy, 4th Dan Black Belt, who trained and taught him to be determined and follow the code of conduct that Taekwondo stands for – of courtesy, integrity, perseverance, self-control and indomitable spirit.
digitalLEARNING India School Ranking Survey 2015
digitalLEARNING India School Ranking Survey 2015 conducted by Elets Technomedia Pvt Ltd., DPS R K Puram has been judged as one of the best institutions, and ranked No.1 in Delhi in the Online Presence and Social Footprints categories, as mentioned in the January 2016 issue.
NTSE STAGE-1 RESULTS 2015-16
The NTSE stage-I written exam was held on 8th November 2015
Eleven Students of D.P.S. R.K.Puram have qualified in NTSE Stage-1 2016 out of total 64 students in the Delhi State General Category.
The results were declared on the 8th of February 2016.
||Shaurya Raj Singh XE
||Srija Chakraborty XM
||Lakshya Kumar Tangri XI
||Siddhanta Panda XL
||Ishan Jain XI
||Alok Kumar Thakur XI
||Sankush Gupta XA
||Ayush Venkatesh Bindlish XK
||Pranshu Bhagat XA
||Sajag Prakash XJ
The qualified students will be appearing for NTSE Stage 2 in May2016. We are very proud of our students’ achievements.
SHOOTING ACHIEVEMENTS OF KIRTI GUPTA OF IX–H
SHOOTING ACHIEVEMENTS OF KIRTI GUPTA OF IX–H
Event – Clay Pigeon Trap (Jr) Women Shotgun
Sponsored By (NRAI) / (SAI)
Kirti is an excellent sportsperson who has represented the Delhi State, at the 57th NSCC 2013 (New Delhi). She became the first time National Player (a renowned Shot) and got selected for the International Squad Trials.
Over the years she has won various laurels in the sport.
In February 2015, she represented the Delhi State, at the 35th National Games 2015 (Kerala) and won the silver medal in the Junior Cup. She was ranked No.1, in the Junior category at the All India Level, and represented India, in the 3 International Junior Cups. In May 2015, in Porpetto, Italy, in the International Junior Cup, she was ranked 11. In June 2015, Orimattila, Finland, 7th International Junior Cup Shotgun, she was ranked 6th. She played in the Semifinals Top 6 (Bronze Medal). In July 2015, in Suhl, Germany, ISSF Junior Cup, she was ranked 22.
Kirti participated in the 31st Delhi State Level, (ISSF ) and won 2 Gold Medal, in the Junior and Senior category)
She is now set for the 13th Asian Shotgun Championship in Kuwait which will be held from the 1st – 12th November 2015.
10 STUDENTS QUALIFYING IN THE NTSE SCHOLARSHIPS AWARDED BY NCERT IN 2015
DPS R.K. Puram tops with 10 Students qualifying for National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) Scholarships awarded by NCERT out of total of 51 Qualifying for Scholarship from Delhi. Heartiest congratulations to 1. ABHISHEK GUPTA, 2. AMRUTAVARSH S KINAGI, 3. ANANYE AGARWAL, 4. ANSH KHURANA, 5. DIBYADARSHI DASH, 6. MANAN AGGARWAL, 7. RITVIK VIJ, 8. SHAGUN GOEL, 9. SHAMAY G SAMUEL, 10. UDBHAV CHUGH.
DPS RKP Rank#1 in Academics
Rank1 in Academics
AUSTRALIA- INDIA BRIDGE SCHOOL PARTNERSHIP PROJECT LAUNCH
India took an important step towards unifying global education on 24th August 2015 with the launch of the Australia-India BRIDGE School Partnership by the Australian Department of Education at Delhi Public School, R.K. Puram. The goal of the BRIDGE initiative is to broaden the Indo-Australian relationship by connecting 16 schools and their students across both countries. The chief guest for the occasion was the Australian Minister for Education and Training, the Hon’ble Mr. Christopher Pyne. He was accompanied by the Australian High Commissioner, His Excellency Mr. Patrick Suckling, ace cricketer and the first-ever Australia-India Education Ambassador, Mr. Adam Gilchrist and other delegates. Principals of the 8 India-based BRIDGE partner schools graced the gathering. Also present were the Principal, Dr. D.R. Saini; the Vice Principal, Mrs. Shobha Mehta and the Headmistresses, Ms. Vanita Sehgal and Ms. Anita Singh.
The event commenced with the lighting of the lamp and felicitation of the esteemed guests. Dr. D.R. Saini extended a warm welcome to the distinguished gathering. The cultural programme began with a mellifluous rendition of the song ‘It’s a Small World.’ This was followed by a dance performance celebrating the geo-cultural diversity of India. The Hon’ble Mr. Christopher Pyne spoke about the importance of sustaining collaboration between Indian and Australian schools across various learning areas and disciplines and launched the BRIDGE programme. An interactive video conference between the students of Delhi Public School, R.K. Puram and its Australian counterpart St. Francis De Sales College took place. Mr. Adam Gilchrist addressed the audience and emphasised the role of intercultural learning in education.
The Vice Principal, Mrs. Shobha Mehta delivered the vote of thanks and the event concluded with the National Anthems of both Australia and India. The Australia-India BRIDGE School Partnership Project heralds a new chapter in Indo-Australian bilateral ties and hosting its launch was a historic occasion for D.P.S. R.K. Puram.
Bronze at the International Olympiad in Informatics (IOI) 2015
Tanay Kothari, student of Class XII-L, has won a Bronze Medal at the most prestigious global competitive programming competition for secondary school students in the field of Computer Science – The International Olympiad in Informatics (IOI), 2015 held at Almaty, Kazakhstan. UNESCO and IFIP (International Federation for Information Processing) are the patrons for this event. In all 324 children from 84 countries participated in the IOI this year.
Tanay was among the 4 children who were selected to represent India after a 6- month long screening process conducted by the Indian Association for Research in Computer Science (IARCS) at the Regional and National levels that culminated in a two week Training Camp at Bangalore in May 2015. He also won the Silver Medal at the Asia-Pacific Informatics Olympiad (APIO 2015).
The IOI contest format consists of two days of computer programming and solving problems of an algorithmic nature. To deal with problems involving very large amounts of data, it is necessary to have not only programmers, “but also creative coders, who can dream up what it is that the programmers need to tell the computer to do … the hard part isn’t the programming, but the mathematics underneath it.” – Robson Frank, Sydney Morning Herald, 17 August, 2013.
OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE BY KANUPRIYAA
Kanupriyaa, with her outstanding performance in international standardized tests, secured 800/800 in SAT Critical Reading, 800/800 in SAT Writing and 790/800 in SAT Mathematics, thus achieving a score of 2390/2400 in SAT.
She further scored 800/800 in SAT Mathematics Level 2, 800/800 in SAT Physics and 800/800 in SAT Chemistry. Her score in TOEFL was 117/120. In APs, she scored 5/5 in Calculus-AB, 5/5 in Calculus-BC, 5/5 in Physics II and 5/5 in Physics Electrostatics and Magnetism.
She has passed her HSK Level 1 and HSK Level 2 Examination in Chinese Mandarin language from the Confucius Institute Headquarters (Hanban) with distinction.
She secured admissions in the most sought after and competitive branches of Computer Science/Electrical and Computer Engineering at Carnegie Mellon University, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, University of California at Los Angeles, Purdue University, University of Southern California and Stony Brook University. She was wait-listed at Columbia University and University of Chicago.
She has joined the Carnegie Mellon University, which was ranked no. 1 in Computer Science at the graduate level, along-with MIT and Stanford, and no. 3 at the undergraduate level, by the US News in 2014.
Besides her outstanding performance in academics, Kanupriyaa has also been an outstanding sportsperson and was awarded the gold medal in Taekwondo and appointed the School Sports Captain. In 2013, she won the bronze medal in the 1st Korean Ambassador’s Kukkiwon Cup India Open National Taekwondo Championship. Having won medals at the national level in the martial art of Taekwondo, Kanupriyaa was awarded the Black Belt (1st DAN) in this art, in 2014, by Kukkiwon (World Taekwondo Headquarters). She is also an avid swimmer and horse-rider.
She is also an accomplished pianist, having passed the initial, first, second, fourth and sixth grades, each with “distinction” and the fifth grade with “merit” from the Trinity College London.
She regularly contributes articles to magazines and newspapers with widespread circulation in rural India.
She is a voracious reader, an enthusiastic environmentalist and a keen traveller. She has been associated with non-governmental organizations like Rotary International and Earth Saviours Foundation and works for disabled and senior citizens and abandoned children.
International Admissions – 2015
An Unmatched Record !
The students of DPS R.K. Puram have already secured 640 admissions to the top universities in the US, UK, Canada and Hong Kong ! Many, many more results are awaited, from the US, UK, Ireland, Canada, Germany, Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, S. Korea, Australia and New Zealand. We set our own records and challenge ourselves further each year. The school’s stupendous results in foreign admissions is unparalleled, both in India and abroad.
- The School has secured 15 admissions to the prestigious Ivy League institutions. There were only 8 last year.
- This year there have been 2 admissions to Stanford University, as opposed to none last year. The students are: Aditya Khandelwal and Ipsitaa Khullar.
- 3 studentsof the school have secured admission to Yale University – the only 3 to have been admitted from Delhi NCR. Their names are: Anvay Tewari, Ipsitaa Khullar and Aditya Khandelwal. Once again the DPS R.K. Puram banner is flying higher, as there were no admissions to Yale from the school last year.
- For the first time in the history of the school, DPS R.K. Puram has secured an admission to Yale – NUS in Singapore, which is a very prestigious and competitive admission, due to limited seats and exceptionally high standards. Prateek Swain has secured the admission.
- The School secured 3 admissions in the early cycle (Early Action/ Early Decision) to Princeton, Yale and Cornell Universities (Ivy League institutions). The students are: Saumya Umashankar, Anvay Tewari and Vasudha Mathur, respectively.
||Name of the Student
||Anvay Tewari at Yale University to pursue Economics and Maths.
||$ 65, 267p.a.
||Raghav Batra at Drexel University to study Maths.
||$ 68,158 p.a.
||Ipsitaa Khullar at Stanford University to study Economics, Psychology and Music.
||$ 49,000 p.a
||Raghav Batra at Richmond University to study Maths.
||$ 48,090 p.a.
||Animesh Singh to study Economics at the University of Hong Kong. Animesh has also secured All India Rank 2 in CLAT ie. Common Law Admission Test-2015.
||HKD 93,000 p.a.
||Ipsitaa Khullar at Yale University to study Economics and Psychology.
||$ 54,200 p.a.
||Tanish Pratap at University of Hong Kong, Science and Technology, to study Economics and Finance.
||HKD 120,000 (fo rthe first year)
- Some of the students of DPS R.K. Puram have been awarded outstanding scholarships and/or financial aid, to pursue their higher education in the institutions of their choice. The note-worthy ones include :
||Name of the Student
||Leishemba K. Thoidingjam at the University of Hong Kong
||HKD 146,000 p.a.
||Bhavyta Chauhan at Florida International University
||$ 23,000 p.a.
||Bhavyta Chauhan at Troy University
||$ 27,000 p.a.
||Vidur Sharma at the University of Hong Kong
||HKD 146,000 p.a.
||Mallika Gokarn at the University of Hong Kong
||HKD 146,000 p.a.
||Adit Pawha at Deakin University, Australia
||The Vice Chancellor’s 100% scholarship AUS$ 27,000 p.a.
||Aishwarya Tripathi at Furman University
||$ 45,500 p.a.
||Aditya Khandelwal at Harvey Mudd College
||$ 40,000 p.a. in addition to the So Scholarship of ($ 200,000)
||Katyayani Singh at Lafayette College
||$ 40,000 p.a.
||Smriti Grover at City University of Hong Kong
||Tanish Pratap at the University of Hong Kong
||Katyayani Singh at the University of Hong Kong
- 100% tuition scholarships have also been awarded to the following:
||Name of the Student
||$ 46,610 p.a.
||$ 44,560 p.a.
||$ 42,000 p.a.
||$ 40,000 p.a.
Princeton University has offered scholarships to all the admitted students. This has no precedent in the history of the school:
Many more results are to be declared this year, to the most reputed universities worldwide, in USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Germany, Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, S.Korea, Australia and New Zealand.
And as in the previous years, we hope to set new records and scale greater heights than ever before.
First Batch of Legal Studies Shines in Law Entrances
Shreya Singh – All India Rank 17 in IP University | Mansvini Jain – All India Rank 27 in CLAT and All India Rank 6 in AILET | Animesh Singh – Secured All India Rank 2 in CLAT | Dr. D. R. Saini (Principal) | Tapas Bhardwaj – Rank 1 in IP University in PWD | Owais Abbas – All India Rank 1 in IP University
6 students of Legal Studies got ranks in top 100 in various law entrance examinations through hard work and their parents’ blessings. The students worked under the guidance of the Principal, Dr. D.R Saini, who taught Legal Studies to the students in the school. He also constantly motivated the students to perform well in the field of law.
The Common Law Admission Test conducted for admissions to 16 National Law Universities (NLUs). CLAT 2015 was taken by around 40,000 students competing for around 1,700 undergraduate (UG) seats.
AILET 2015 – All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) is conducted by National Law University, Delhi for admissions into undergraduate and post graduate law programmes. The university has 80 seats for BA LLB.
Guru Gobind Singh University conducted IPUCET Law exam on May 9, 2015 to enroll candidates for as many as 1395 seats in various UG law programmes in around 9 affiliated colleges for BA LLB course
Animesh Singh has secured All India Rank 2 in CLAT.
Mansvini Jain scored All India rank 27 in CLAT. She has also scored All India rank 6 in AILET (All India law entrance test) which is conducted for National Law School Delhi.
Owais Abbas scored All India Rank 1 in IP University in the general category.
Shreya Singh and Akshat scored All India Rank 17 and 21 respectively in IP University in the general category.
Tapas Bhardwaj, who is a visually impaired student, and has been the Head Boy of the school scored Rank 1 in IP University in PWD category, all India Rank 35 in CLAT in PWD category.
RESULT OF JUNIOR SCIENCE TALENT SEARCH EXAMINATION (JSTSE) 2014-2015
Junior Science Talent Search Examination (JSTSE), which is conducted by the Science Branch of the Directorate of Education, Government of NCT of Delhi was held on 14th February, 2015.
The objective of this scheme is to identify the most brilliant students in the state in Class IX and recognize their scientific aptitude by giving them scholarships and certificates.
Twenty seven students of D.P.S. R.K.Puram have qualified in JSTSE out of a total of 159 students in the state. This adds another milestone to the achievements of the institution making it the proud holder of the highest number of JSTSE scholars as compared to other schools. The names of the JSTSE scholars are as follows:
Tanay Kothari Class XI-L
Brilliant performance in the ACT (American College Testing) exam – 36/36!. In 2014, less than 0.08% of the 1.85 million students who took the test achieved a Full Score.
He also scored 5/5 in the two AP Exams – Computer Science and Calculus BC taken last year.
In addition, he has qualified in the zonal rounds of IMO and IOI, 2014 and is looking forward to the Nationals.
Tanay also qualified in the Nationals in both the Informatics and Linguistics Olympiads, and will be attending the training programmes in Chennai and Bangalore, respectively. Another proud moment for the school!
- Tanay has a brilliant academic track record and scored a CGPA of 10.0 in both Class IX and Class X.
- He was one of the top scorers in the mid-term exams of Class XI with over 93% marks.
- The School has awarded him with two Gold Medals, several Blue and Red Ties and Blue and Red Blazers for excellence in academics and extra-curricular activities.
- Over the years, Tanay has won several accolades for the School, representing the School in innumerous State/ National/ International competitions in the fields of Mathematics, Science and Computer Science.
Recognition and Awards:
- Tanay is an NTSE Scholar as well as a JSTSE Scholar.
- He was part of the School team which participated in the International Space Settlement Design Competition (ISSDC’14) held at NASA, Kennedy Space Center, Florida and led his ‘Company’ as the Vice President of Engineering.
- He was also part of the School team that stood 3rd in the International NASA AMES Competition, 2013.
- He stood 1st at the International Space Habitat Design Competition (SHDC) in 2013 and was awarded a 7-day residential course at the Euro Space Center (ESC) in Belgium.
- He secured International Rank 3 in 2013 and Rank 7 in 2012 in NCO;
- He came 3rd in UCO in both 2013 and 2014, 5th in IMO in 2010 and 6th in NSO in 2009.
- He stood 2nd in All India MJ Maths Competition in 2014 and was awarded a scholarship of INR 7,50,000.
- He was awarded INR 5,000 in 2012 as a part of the Government of India’s INSPIRE (SEATS) Scheme for designing and creating a robotic remote control car with self-developed software.
- He stood 1st in the Ramanujam and Maths Competition.
- He was also awarded INR 5,000 scholarship in the DPS Science and Maths Talent Exam conducted by SOF in 2012.
Technology Thought Leadership:
- Tanay has completed 17 undergraduate courses online from top universities like Stanford, MIT, Brown, UPenn, etc. in the fields of Computer Science and Mathematics, most with Distinction.
- At 16, he is one of the youngest Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer: Windows Store Apps Using C# (MCSD).
- At the Intel UNESCO Hackathon, his team was given the Best Research Project Award for their Project on “Cyber-security”.
- He finished 2nd in the GSF Hackathon’14 (and 1st in the All-India online round). He was the youngest participant to be ever selected for the Final Round.
- At School, he is a very active member of the Aerospace Society (AEROSS), Computer Club (EXUN) and the Math Society.
- Tanay has an entrepreneurial bent of mind and founded “Simpulse” along with a close friend whilst still in Class VIII.
- He has developed several apps like the fan app for the famous TV show – Big Bang Theory which got more than 6,000 downloads and games like ‘Interstellar’ that are very popular amongst teenagers.
- He is currently working on a personal voice assistant for Android named ‘Aria’, with advanced natural language processing features which he intends to patent and showcase to the world later this year.
- Keen to get an exposure to the ‘real’ world, since April 2014, he has been working during vacations and over weekends as a Technical Director at Investopad Creative Labs, Gurgaon, which runs an Accelerator Program to incubate startups.
- Here, he is a co-founder and the technical lead of the team responsible for design and development of the soon-to-be-released social travel-based mobile app codenamed ‘Proximity’.
- Furthermore, he has had the opportunity to work with and provide technical input to other startups in the area. He has also assisted in technical due diligence and evaluation of other tech startups for proprietary venture capital investments by Investopad.
Passion for the Arts:
- Tanay is equally passionate about Music and is a very talented singer.
- He has been learning the Hindustani Classical music since he was 5 years old!
- He plays the keyboard, harmonium and the guitar and sings Hindustani Classical, Indian and Western songs.
- He has been giving public performances from a very early age and is member of the School Indian Music Choir.
- He has completed the 1st Year of Junior Diploma Course (Music-Vocal) conducted by the Pragyan Sangeet Samiti, Allahabad and appeared for the 2nd Year exam in December 2014.
- He has also completed ‘Introduction to Guitar’ from Berkeley College of Music, scoring 94.0% marks.
Caring for Community:
- His desire for community service led him to Pratham Books (www.prathambooks.org), part of India’s largest NGO ‘Pratham’, where Tanay has been serving as a Student Volunteer since March, 2014. Tanay is leading the ‘Project for digitisation of Pratham Books’ physical story book library’, which will enable children in the remotest parts of the world to access them online in a high quality, interactive format.
- The Project has taken him on several field trips to Schools in some very remote areas to get a first hand experience of how such poor children in remote areas learn. The template is ready (http://goo.gl/Yi91pK) and can be replicated for other story books with little incremental effort. The first phase of the Project will be completed by mid-2015.
- Keen to give back to the School, he has been conducting programming and math sessions for Class VII-X students, preparing them for International Olympiads.
- Tanay believes in ‘Healthy mind healthy body’ and is very particular about making time for a game of squash or an hour of swimming on most days.
- He finds adventure sports very exciting like mountain biking and rafting.
- Inspired by Steve Jobs and Bill Gates, Tanay aspires to build technology solutions that can revolutionize the way people live their lives and can help solve some of the toughest problems faced by the world today.
- To this end, he aims to undergo formal education in Computer Science from a top university – like Stanford or MIT – to supplement his own learning initiatives and his scientific bent of mind.
QUALIFIERS OF NTSE STAGE-1 2014-15
Eleven students have qualified in NTSE Stage-1 (2014-15) from Delhi Public School R.K.Puram out of 65 students in the General Category in the Delhi State. The examination was held on the 2nd of November 2014 and the results have been declared on the 19th of February 2015.The following students have qualified.
1. Ananye Aggarwal
2.Amrutavarsh S Kinnagi
3. Shagun Goel
4. Dibyadarshi Dash
5. Ritvik Vij
6. Abhishek Gupta
7. Pranjal Mittal
8. Udbhav Chugh
9. Ansh Khurana
10. Shamay G Samuel
11. Manan Aggarwal
We are very proud of our students’ achievements.
RESULTS OF NTSE STAGE-2
The NCERT conducts the National Talent Search Examination for students studying in Class X. As it is organized by an official body (NCERT), it is widely regarded as the most prestigious examination at the high school level in the country.
The purpose of the scheme is to identify talented students and nurture their talent. It honours and helps talented students by providing financial assistance in the form of a monthly scholarship for courses in Basic Sciences, Social Sciences and Commerce. This assistance is provided till the Ph.D level. For professional courses like Engineering, Medicine, Management and Law, this assistance is given only till Post Graduation.
It is not the scholarship amount that is important but the fact that the selected students receive lifelong recognition for their aptitude in academics. This gives them an edge over the others for future selection in premier institutions and streams of their choice.
On the basis of the examination conducted, 844 scholarships have been awarded to the students this year who are currently in Class XI in the nation.
The pattern of written examination for Class X is as follows:
• Stage I examination at the State/UT level will comprise two parts, namely (a) Mental Ability Test (MAT) and (b) Scholastic Ability Test (SAT) covering Social Sciences, Sciences, Mathematics and English.
• Stage II examination at the National level will comprise: (a) Mental Ability Test (MAT)
(b) Scholastic Ability Test (SAT) covering Social Sciences, Sciences, Mathematics and English.
The NTSE stage-II written exam was held on 19th October 2014.
Six students have qualified from D.P.S.R.K.Puram in NTSE stage-2 2014.
1. Eashan Gupta
2. Harsh Bhoot
3. Sanjana Taneja
4. Shaurya Bhandari
5. Shubham Aggarwal
6. Sucheto Chopy
The qualified students will get Rs.1250/- per month in Classes XI and XII and for undergraduate and post graduate level Rs.2000/- per month.The stipend at the Phd level will be according to UGC norms. We are very proud of our students’ achievements.
SCHOLAR BADGE CEREMONY CLASS XII (SECTIONS A-M)
The scholar badge ceremony of class XII (section A-M) was held at DPS R.K. Puram on 24th November 2014. The ceremony is a landmark event in the school’s calendar as it acknowledges the students’ excellence in both academics and extracurricular activities. The Chief Guest of the occasion was the Chairman of the DPS Society, Mr. V.K Shunglu. The Principal, Dr. D.R Saini, the Vice Principal, Mrs Shobha Mehta and the Vice Principal of DPS Shiksha Kendra, Mrs Pushpa Agarwal, the Headmistresses Ms. Vanita Sehgal and Mrs. Anita Singh, were also present.
The ceremony commenced with the inaugural lighting of the lamp. Then there was an enthralling performance by the school orchestra in Raga Hansdhwani on Taal Teentaal. The Chief Guest was felicitated by the Principal, Dr. D.R Saini with a token of appreciation. The Principal welcomed the Chief Guest and the proud parents in his address. A medley of Indian classical dances by the students of DPS R.K Puram-‘ Madhanisa’- left the audience spellbound.
The various students of class XII, including the presidents of the student council and the Head Boy and Head Girl, expressed their views on how the school has equipped them to succeed. This was followed by a scintillating dance performance by students of DPS Shiksha Kendra, celebrating the vibrancy of Incredible India. The Chief Guest, Mr V.K. Shunglu addressed the gathering, congratulating the parents of the scholar badge awardees and stressed on the importance of values and ethics.
The rep of class XII, Mr Sachinder Sharma conducted the much awaited award distribution with Mr V.K Shunglu, Dr D.R Saini and Mrs Shobha Mehta presenting the awards. Meritorious students were awarded gold medals, blue ties and blue blazers for continuous academic excellence. Gold medals, red ties and red blazers were awarded to students excelling in extracurricular activities such as sports, music and dance. The vote of thanks was given by the Vice Principal, Mrs Shobha Mehta who said, “I believe the children will continue to do well for the nation and the world.” The ceremony concluded with the National Anthem.
Scholar Badge Opening Ceremony Class XII 2014 (Sections A-M)
Scholar Badge Award Ceremony Class XII 2014 (Sections A-M)