The 6th National Lawn Bowl & 2nd National U-25 Lawn Bowl Championship 2017
The tournaments were held at Ranchi (Jharkhand) from 5th to 11th February 2017. Sixteen state teams participated in the championship. Our school students represented Delhi and won Silver and Bronze medals in the Open and U-25 category.
1. Delhi Team Members U-25
- Preksha Khate – VII C Silver & Bronze Medal in (Single & Mixed pair)
- Arnav Sharma – VIII C
- Bronze Medals in (Single & Mixed pair)
2. Open Category
- Shaista Sharma – XI T Bronze Medal
- Ishita Gupta – IX G Bronze Medal
- Aadishwar Singh – VII C Silver Medal in (Mixed triples)
- Miss Pinki (Coach & participant) won Silver & 2 Bronze medals.
Delhi secured the Third position. Preksha and Aadishwar Singh of VII-C of our school were declared “The most promising player” of the tournament.
The closing ceremony was attended by Ms. Sunaina Kumari, President of BFI and Principal of DPS Ranchi and other dignitaries of the sports bodies.