September 21, 2011
We would like to bring to your notice the CBSE guidelines for the scheme of Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation that will be followed for the students of the present Class X.
- Weightage of Formative and Summative Assessments
First Term FA1 (10%) + FA2 (10%) + SA1 (20%) = 40% Second Term FA3 (10%) + FA4 (10%) + SA2 (40%) = 60%
- School Based Internal Assessment:
All students will be required to undergo various School based assessments in Co–Scholastic Areas. All students will also be required to undergo School based Internal Assessment in Scholastic Areas:
i.Formative Assessments 1 and 2 in the first term
ii.Formative Assessments 3 and 4 in the second term
- First Summative Assessment:
In the School conducted Summative Assessment I, Question Papers (based on the syllabus of Term I) and the Marking Scheme will be supplied / vetted by the Board and the evaluation will be carried out by the school.
- The Second Summative Assessment (The choice will be between School conducted SA2 OR CBSE Conducted SA2)
School Conducted SA2 – The Examination will be conducted in the school. Question Papers (on the syllabus of Term II) and the Marking scheme will be supplied / vetted by the Board and the evaluation will be carried out by the school. OR Board Conducted SA2 – For those who wish to move out of the CBSE System after Class X: The Examination will be conducted as per past practice by the Board. Question Papers (on the syllabus of Term II) and the Marking Scheme will be prepared by the Board and the evaluation will be carried out by the Board through External Examiners.
- The School Conducted SA2 and the Board Conducted SA2 will have the same type of question papers in terms of design, blue print and difficulty level as per the Board’s Sample Papers, which will be made available later. They both will carry the same weightage of 40% towards the final grade. The papers will also be evaluated on the basis of similar marking schemes.
- At the end of Class X, all candidates will be issued the same ‘Certificate of Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation’ prepared, printed and signed by the Board.
- Our school will follow the School Conducted SA2 Examination Scheme
- Parents, whose wards will be moving out of the CBSE system in Class XI and therefore want them to appear for the Board conducted SA2 Examination, are required to give the appropriate information in the given form.
Candidates appearing for School Conducted SA2 Examination in Class X
Candidates appearing for Board Conducted SA2 Examination in Class X
(Fee per candidate) For the first five subjects (without late fee) Rs. 250 For the first five subjects (without late fee) Rs. 500 For the Additional 6th Subject Rs. 100 For the Additional 6th Subject Rs. 200 Total Rs. 350 Total Rs. 700
- The fee for the Migration Certificate per candidiate is Rs. 100/-, if required by the candidate.
- The two Summative Assessment Answer Books of the students will be kept in safe custody in the school for a period of two years for any subsequent verification by the Board. The first Summative Assessment Answer Books will be shown to the students in school, but they cannot be taken home. Parents are requested to ensure that the students are present in school when the answer books are shown. Once the answer books are stored, it will not be possible to take them out again. The Second Summative Assessment Answer Books will not be shown to the students, as per CBSE guidelines.
- 75% Attendance is mandatory for promotion to the next class, as per CBSE guidelines. As CCE is an ongoing assessment process, students are required to be in school to benefit from the system. You are requested to ensure that your ward does not fall short of attendance.
- Please fill up the enclosed form and submit it to the Class Teacher by September 23, 2011 as the online registration process has already begun.
- You are also requested to send two passport size photographs, preferably black & white, of your ward, which clearly indicate the name of the student along with the date on which the photograph was taken. The photograph should have been taken on or after August 1, 2011.
Parents are requested to regularly read the circulars and subject manuals available on the CBSE website www.cbse.nic.in to update themselves with the latest information on the CCE.
Parents are welcome to contact the Principal or the Headmistress, Ms. Vanita Sehgal, for any clarification at [email protected].
With kind regards and best wishes,