The National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) is a national level scholarship programme in India to identify and nurture talented students. The scheme is open to students of Indian nationality. Only students studying in Class VIII are eligible to appear for the selection process. As it is organized by an official body (NCERT), it is widely regarded as the most prestigious examination at the high school level in the country.
A scholarship of Rs. 500 per month, under the present scheme, is awarded to the selected candidates for pursuing courses in sciences and social sciences up to the doctoral level and in professional courses like medicine and engineering up to the second-degree level.
Any regular student studying in class VIII in a recognized school situated and has in the NCT of Delhi and has secured an aggregate of 60% marks (55% in case of reserved category) or more in class VII examination is eligible.
The Chairman DPS Society Management, Principal and staff of DPS R K Puram feel very proud to congratulate the students who have successfully cleared the National Talent Search Examination 2011-2012.
We also take the opportunity to laude the efforts of the parents and the staff for the achievements of these students.
It is a proud moment for all of us at DPS R K Puram to announce that 9 students have cleared the NTSE with Vasundhara Rakesh standing first at the National Level. This result has surpassed the last year’s result where we had 6 students clearing the exam.
The successful students are:
- Vasundhara Rakesh – IX J (1st position at national level)
- Tanay Kothari – IX I (Delhi Rank 5th)
- Abhishek Anand – IX H (Delhi Rank 12th)
- Akshay Kumar Gupta – IX I (Delhi Rank 14th)
- Vibhu Saxena – IX L (Delhi Rank 15th)
- Shraddha Anand – IX J (Delhi Rank 16th)
- Rahul Shekhar – IX H (Delhi Rank 18th)
- Vaibhav Banerjee – IX A(Delhi Rank 19th)
- Siddharth Kapuria – IX L (Delhi Rank 20th)